Ile-Ife crisis: Seven in Police net over killing, arson
Osun state Police Command on Thursday said it had arrested seven suspects in connection with the deadly clashes involving some northern traders and some residents of Ile-Ife.
Speaking to newsmen in Osogbo, the Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, of Osun State Police command, Folasade Odoro, said efforts were on to arrest all the perpetrators of the violence.
She said normalcy had been restored to the affected area, adding that a thorough investigation was already on to bring all the culprits to book.
During a visit to the town on Thursday commercial banks located around Lagere road, leading to Sabo market were shut, even as public and private schools in the area were closed.
Meanwhile, Governor Rauf Aregbesola of Osun state assured members of Hausa community in the state of their safety.
He called on citizens of the state as well as other tribes resident in Osun to go about their lawful duties without fear of intimidation as government has put every thing in place for their security.
Aregbesola who condemned the actions of those behind the fracas at Ife, promised that masterminds of the unfortunate incident would be apprehended and made to face the full wrath of the law.
He said the present administration will continue to work to ensure that the activities of miscreants are completely wiped out of the state and make Osun the most peaceful state in the country.
Aregbesola, who visited the scenes of the clash, expressing regrets that the incident happened.
BusinessDay reports that the governor was received at the entrance to the town by the Seriki Hausawa of Ile-Ife, who accompanied him to visit the scenes.
Nigeria's leading finance and market intelligence news report. Also home to expert opinion and commentary on politics, sports, lifestyle, and more
Leave a Comment

